It’s hard to believe, but Ladies and Gentlemen–it’s time for our eighth and final tournament of the 2020 CKTS season! This weekend, the CKTS returns to Bowling Green for the second time this season. The Kids on the Block Points for Puppets Tournament will be held Saturday and Sunday, October 17-18, at Kereiakas Park and WKU courts in Bowling Green, KY. The tournament draws are now available. Please be aware of the updated locations for this tournament, as Greenwood High will not be used this weekend.
Please also note that some Sunday matches are NOT YET scheduled, pending the results of previous rounds in an effort to make Sunday scheduling more efficient.
The following information, instructions, and phone numbers are provided as instructions for participants due to COVID-19 protocols in place for this tournament.
Tournament Director: Chad Young (270) 202-0490
● Anyone who is showing COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to participate and should notify the Tournament Director immediately
● No community seating (bleachers/benches) will be available for players or spectators. Players and spectators should bring their own chairs
● Benches and court equipment will be disinfected after every match
● Spectators are limited to two (2) for junior players and one (1) for adults. Spectators must stay 10 feet from the playing area and 10 feet from each other
● All players, spectators and staff must wear masks unless they are on court
● All payment will be done in advance. Players will receive an invoice through PayPal at the email address they used to register.
Check-in/Score Reporting Procedures
● All players and spectators will be screened and have temperature taken at each site when they arrive. Goodie bags will be available to grab after you have been screened.
● Players should check in at the Tournament Desk but should not congregate in the area. The Tournament Director will call out your name and the court you are assigned to. Balls will be delivered to the courts.
● Format for all matches will be best-of-three sets with a 10-point tiebreak in lieu of a third set. There is a 10-minute warm-up.
● After the match, players should depart the court in a reasonable time. Balls can be left on the court. The winning team/player should report their scores to the Tournament Desk.
We look forward to another great weekend of tennis in Bowling Green!