Ladies and gentlemen, there is a lot of uncertainty about the weather as we approach this weekend’s tournament in Somerset. Tournament staff will decide on Friday by 12:00 PM EDT whether to attempt to hold the tournament or postpone it until next weekend (Aug. 7-9).
IF the tournament IS played this weekend, the draws have been prepared and have been released. For many of those who volunteered to play on Friday, your times are listed there as well. By making a decision at noon on Friday, we hope to allow plenty of time for travelers to cancel their plans or reservations. Please understand that we will make every effort to have the tournament this weekend if we believe it is feasible.
If the tournament is postponed one week, players may reach out by text, phone or email to the Entry Contact (Chris Godby) to affirm they will still play or send notice of withdrawal. Tournament staff will likewise reach out to registered players if needed. This is particularly important due to the fact that players have pre-paid for registration.
As with our first two tournaments in Elizabethtown and Campbellsville, this tournament (due to COVID-19) will also look a little different to ensure the safety of our players, spectators, and volunteers. There will not be seating for spectators, and gathering in groups is discouraged. Please maintain a 6-foot distance from others. Please bring your own chairs, blankets, etc. We will not have water coolers or bottled water. Please bring your own supplies just to be sure you have what you need.
IF YOU SHOW ANY SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS, please do not come to the courts as a player or spectator.
For those that have purchased a CKTS membership or TourPass and don’t have your CKTS t-shirt yet, please claim it from the tournament staff at Somerset High during the weekend (players also get an awesome Alton Blakley Lake Cumberland Open t-shirt!).
We look forward to a great time of tennis this weekend in Somerset–if mother nature allows it!