The CKTS returns to tournament action this weekend after a mid-season break. The Glasgow Open 2020 will be held this weekend, September 5-6, at Barren County High School and Gorin Park in Glasgow, KY. The tournament draws are now available.
The following information, instructions, and phone numbers are provided as instructions for participants due to COVID-19 protocols in place for this tournament.
Tournament Director: Trina Rickard (270) 670-5375 – Located at BCHS
Assistant: Hilary Boston (270) 670-9262 – Located at BCHS Assistant: Joe Downing (270) 579-7076 – Located at Gorin Park
- Anyone who is showing COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to participate and should notify the Tournament Director immediately.
- No community seating (bleachers/benches) at either site will be available for players or spectators. Players and spectators should bring their own chairs.
- Spectators are limited to two (2) for junior players and one (1) for adults. Spectators must stay 10 feet from the playing area and 10 feet from each other.
- The Gazebo seating at BCHS is only for those working the tournament.
- Bathrooms will be open at both sites. At the high school, there will be no loitering inside the building at any time.
- When social distancing cannot be maintained, masks should be worn.
Check-in/Score Reporting Procedures:
- Players should report directly to their site and notify the person in charge of that site via text of their arrival. This person will notify you when and what court you should report to. Balls and shirts will be delivered to the courts.
- Format for all matches will be best-of-three sets with a 10-point tiebreak in lieu of a third set. There is a 10-minute warm-up.
- After the match, players should depart the court and place balls in the box outside the courts. The winning team should text the person in charge with their scores.
We look forward to a great weekend of tennis in Glasgow!