The weather is turning cooler, but the tennis is still hot in this part of Kentucky! This weekend, the CKTS returns to Glasgow for the second time this season. The Barren Classic will be held Saturday and Sunday, October 3-4, at Barren County High School and Gorin Park in Glasgow, KY. The tournament draws are now available.
Players who have not yet paid their entry fees need to submit them immediately via PayPal.
The following information, instructions, and phone numbers are provided as instructions for participants due to COVID-19 protocols in place for this tournament.
Tournament Director: Trina Rickard (270) 670-5375 Located at BCHS
Assistant: Hilary Boston (270) 670-9262 Located at BCHS
Assistant: Joe Downing (270) 579-7076 Located at Gorin Park
- Anyone who is showing COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to participate and should notify the Tournament Director immediately.
- No community seating (bleachers/benches) at either site will be available for players or spectators. Players and spectators should bring their own chairs.
- Spectators are limited to two (2) for junior players and one (1) for adults. Spectators must stay 10 feet from the playing area and 10 feet from each other.
- The Gazebo seating at BCHS is only for those working the tournament.
- Bathrooms will be open at both sites. At the high school, there will be no loitering inside the building at any time.
- When social distancing cannot be maintained, masks should be worn.
Check-in/Score Reporting Procedures
- Players should report directly to their site and notify the person in charge at that site of their arrival. This person will tell you what court you will be playing on.
- Format for all matches will be best-of-three sets with a 10-point tiebreak in lieu of a third set. There is a 10-minute warm-up.
- After the match, players should depart the court and place balls in the box outside the courts. The winning team should text the person in charge with their scores.
We look forward to another great weekend of tennis in Glasgow!