Columbia Open 2020 Draws; Health Assessment Requirement; NO-AD Scoring Prior to Semis
The Columbia Open 2020 will be held this weekend, September 19-20, at Lindsey Wilson College and Adair County High School in Columbia, KY. The tournament draws are now available. On BOTH DAYS of the tournament PLEASE PRINT/FILL-OUT/BRING the Health Assessment Form with you to check in.
DUE TO LIMITED COURT SPACE AND A LARGE NUMBER OF PLAYERS, ALL MATCHES (OTHER THAN SEMIFINALS, FINALS, AND ROUND-ROBIN) WILL PLAY NO-AD SCORING.
The following information, instructions, and phone numbers are provided as instructions for participants due to COVID-19 protocols in place for this tournament.
Tournament Director: Suresh Ramamurthi (610) 781-7876 – Henry Baughman Tennis Complex
- All participants will follow the USTA COVID-19 Playing Tennis Safely Guidelines.
- Upon arriving to the Henry Baughman Tennis Complex, all participants and parents/guardians will complete a health assessment and have their temperature taken.
- Anyone who is showing COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to participate and should notify the Tournament Director immediately.
- All players and spectators will be required to wear masks and social distance at all times except when playing.
- No community seating (bleachers/benches) will be available for players or spectators. Players and spectators should bring their own chairs.
- Spectators are limited to one (1) for junior players. There will be no spectators for adults. Spectators must stay 10 feet from the playing area and 10 feet from each other.
- Bathrooms will be open at Biggers Sports Center. Access to the Bob and Doris Holloway Health and Wellness Center will be restricted to members only.
Check-in/Score Reporting Procedures
- Players should report directly to the site and notify the tournament director via text of their arrival. The director will notify you when and what court you should report to. Balls and shirts will be delivered to the courts.
- Format for all matches will be best-of-three sets with a 10-point tiebreak in lieu of a third set. There is a 5-minute warm-up.
- After the match, players should depart the court and place balls in the box outside the courts. The winning team should report scores on site or text the person in charge with their scores.
We look forward to a great weekend of tennis in Columbia!